The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Thursday, November 23, 2006

USS Kitty Hawk in our back garden



Cor an HUGE aircraft carrier just went past .. dwarfing any merchant ships I've seen since I've been out here (and we've seen some massive container ships).

I noticed it had a number '63' painted on the side of it. (About the size of an eight storey building I'd say). A quick google search 'aircraft carrier 63' suggests it is the USS Kitty Hawk (based in Japan) coming in for re-store & a bit of R&R.

Think I'll avoid Wan Chai tonight (apparently it can get "interesting" down when the US Navy is 'in').

Don't know what that ship in the foreground is doing -- has been moored there all week -- looks like a dredger or a crane-ship ... but can't see it doing much.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home