The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My first ever shark's fin soup






On the latest trip to Beijing I had Shark's fin soup for the first time. I thought it would taste like skate - but the flesh did not taste of anything. "It's all in the stock" says Jason, my colleague - he's the one who eggs me on at dinners like this -- getting me to try the pig's intestines a few months ago etc. He was disappointed with the taste of his soup -- I'm glad he was paying for it as it was blooming expensive. Note the amount of food on the table - that's for two! They eat loads. The things that look like poo are sweet bread rolls -- meant to look like decapitated heads (topical).

The girl in green is a waitress at another restaurant - a place we go for lunch. She's hard looking no? I had to sneak the shot. She'd chargrill me for sure if she caught me. They're from a Far North Western part of China -- food comprises mainly of charcoal-cooked breads (covered in cumin) and v. fatty lamb on stix. Still, we have a lunch meal for four there - including a big bottle of beer each for less than £1.80 all in! No food poisoning (yet)!

M

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home