The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Football in HK: Barclays Asia Trophy 2007

Had a fun last night watching the finals of the Barclays Asia Football Trophy. Last night's games were for 3rd & 4th place (3rd = Fulham 4 Vs 4th = South China FC 1). And the final was Portsmouth Vs Liverpool. This game was 0-0 and Pompey won on penalties. Always good to see Liverpool lose after we was robbed by them @ the FA Cup Final last year.

Must say I enjoyed the games hugely ... great to see some live football again. I realise now I quite miss going to Upton Park.

But to celebrate West Ham winning the league last season (ahem) we have subscribed to see the English Premier League live (6 games per weekend) in High Def and we just took delivery of a home theatre system (coool ... makes it sound like you're in a ground ... I mean a noisy place, not like going to watch a game at white hart lane or anything).



Talking of grounds, the HK International Stadium is a fantastic venue. I went to see the Rugby 7's there back in Feb (who's coming in 2008?? - we have a sofa bed), but that does not count as I can't really remember anything about that weekend. But seeing the ground again last night (relatively sober) made me realise it's quite special - sitting as it does amongst the greenery of Happy Valley and the backdrop of the city skyscrapers. But, boy, was it ever hot? Must have been in the high 30's centrigrade last night with near to 100% humidity. Stupidly I went straight from the office (in my jeans) - think I lost 4 or 5 lBs.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home