The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Eating out in Mumbai



Before we came to live in Asia, whenever I went anywhere even mildly exotic or third world (France for example), I inevitably came down with a serious case of gut rot (good for weight loss, but not much else).

Given this, on my trips to India, I always eat vegetarian food (except for one time in a seriously 5* hotel in the middle of a lake I succummed to ordering a whole tandoori mutton leg - YUM - and got away with it too!) and, touch wood, have managed to return back to HK totally bug free every time.

On this latest trip, I generally started to feel great - more lucid; more awake; less sluggish in the afternoons etc. Everything else has remained constant and so I can only attribute this sense of well-being to the weird cigarettes out there AHEM, I mean to the vegetarianism!

No meat has passed my lips for nearly two weeks now - and I feel great. Have not lost any weight mind you! My half-a-cow-and-a-field-of-horseradish guzzling Grandfather will be turning in his grave to hear this I'm sure.

Anyway, all of this was nearly undone in Mumbai by an evening @ Mondy's (Cafe Mondegar, Colaba) - many beers etc. Followed by a walk home back to the hotel via the famous street vendor - Bademiya. Hmmmmm the smells of meat and breads cooking over charcoal are to die for ... no wonder they have queues snaking round the block for this stuff.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home