The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Nintendo Wii - healthy outdoor fun for all the family


We finally gave in to the insistent whining and pleading from the boys to get a video games machine (that phrase sounds very old fashioned - Binatone era). They had their heart set on a Playstation; Nintendo DS or an xBox -- so we got them a Wii on the assumption it's a bit healthier!

I must say one does work up a bit of a sweat. These pictures are of Joss and the boys playing the boxing 'game' -- I had to sit down after five minutes for fear I was going to pass out. Billy, utilising his finely-honed Kung Fu skills, is approaching Professional level in this game. Archie excels at golf. I'm OK at the Mario Kart sitting down game! Joss, well she's good at bring the drinks in and mopping our brows ;-)

Actually, I suffered a rather nasty Wii sporting injury the other week - it's just getting better now. I was beating Joss at Wii Tennis (rather fun as I would never be able to beat her @ the real thing of course -- which is how I got my injury - trying too hard). Match point ... I was just about winning ... I slammed a backhander down the edge of the court to slam in a winner ... but also slammed the knuckle of my middle finger into the edge of the wooden bookcase. Think I chipped a bone. Ohhhhh painful -- but oh-so worth it!

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home