The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Friday, November 10, 2006

Forget bear's claws



I found this very depressing today ... I went for a walk to take a picture of guys selling pelts, bear's claws etc and found this bloke ..... table cloth on the roadside .... selling beads; necklaces and OH YES ... a real Tiger's foot/claws/shin/knee cap. I felt/feel really sick. Unreal. If I had a machete I'd have hacked his hands off. This trade has to stop. It's barbaric.

Found out about the caterpillars I saw yesterday. They're not medicine as I thought. They're actually a sweet condiment for a particular dish. The caterpillars are larvae that only eat wheat ... therefore they're considered clean and wholesome. You crack an egg ... add chopped onion .. whisk it up ... drop in your pupae ... steam the whole affair and hey presto .... egg bug surprise. Delia are you reading this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home