The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A week in Bangalore, India





Spent most of last week in Bangalore, India. Actually, spent most of last week travelling to and from Bangalore, India!

I'll be going there quite a bit in 2007 it seems (monthly probably) and *guess what?* there's no direct flight from HK to Bangalore. So the return journey goes something like this:

* Arrive @ Bangalore airport c. 20:30 to check in for a 23:00 flight to Singapore
* Crazy crazy crazy random check-in which I'll describe when I'm less traumatised
* Eventually get to departure area c. 22:15 -- and that's with me being mr aggressive through the queues
* Departure area like you won't believe -- I'm going to write a review of airports I've recently travelled to in a couple of weeks time. Much real estate will be devoted to Bangalore International
* 23:00 get on plane (bruised elbows and ribs)
* 23:10 asleep
* 00:30 take off (1.5 hours late) .... and that's it for my sleep quotient that night
* 04:30 arrive singapore (06:30 local time).
* 08:30 take off for flight to HK
* Arrive HK 12:30
* Wait 40 mins for bags to clear
* Home 14:00. Sleep

Don't fancy that once or twice a month I can tell you.

Apart from the to & fro, Banglore was interesting. My local colleagues showed me a great time and took me to some fab places -- restaurant/bar on the 13th floor ... (very) local restaurant called Koshys (review: http://thebangaloretorpedo.blogspot.com/2006/11/restaurant-reviewkoshys.html). And wildly for me ... I did not need the Immodium once!!!

Mind you, I stayed with the Chick Pea Dhal and Beer diet.

And I thought Beijing taxi driving was dangerous. MY GOD nothing on India. The yellow tanker lorry you can see was 2 ft away from the front of the taxi for about 30 mins -- travelling @ 110 KPH ... total disregard for the INFLAMMABLE letters written on the back of the truck and the daubed devil picture!

Don't get me on lane discipline!

M

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home