The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Beijing views






Here's a random selection of Beijing views.

The inevitable construction sites are the view from the window of the hotel I stay in every week -- I swear those tower blocks have increased by 15 stories in 3 weeks.

Red lantern shop is a local restaurant -- lanterns are starting to appear now in preparation for Chinese New Year in a few week's time.

Check out the apartment blocks --- you see loads of these apartments. Huge cages on the outside (to keep people out I'm told). The balconies are so cold (minus 7 this week) that people store perishables in them -- I saw eggs; milk; meat etc

And the view from the plane ... I got really excited when the pilot announced before take off that those on the left hand side (me) would be treated to a great view of downtown Beijing. We forgot the perpetual smogline of course. :(

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home