The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hong Kong: One year but who's counting?

We arrived in Hong Kong a year ago today.

Personally I find that extremely scary on two levels.

1. I just can't believe how quickly the time's passed. Seems like only last month we arrived. Every time I blink another month has passed. The pace of life is so quick out here - I guess that has a lot to do with it. There has been barely a second spare to look back and review stuff. This blog has been therapeutic in that regard.

2. I just can't believe how much we've done; seen and achieved. We've been to so many new countries & cities in the past 12 months and have had some wonderful experiences. The boys settled in quickly out here and are v.comfortable with their school; social life & pastimes -- I do hope they remember our time here. On the work front, I think I've changed a great deal - a regional role has really broadened my perspectives and after a gruelling first 3 or 4 months on the job, I now have a strong sense of achievement.

So, in summary: 12 months and few regrets. And those regrets are all related to having to leave behind family; friends and our lovely house in Chiswick.




In celebration, it seems, we were treated tonight to a rare view of a junk in the bay outside the apartment -- see pic. (The junk has been converted into a floating restaurant - not been on it yet).

Stay in touch & come see us.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home