The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Beijing - horrible hotel





I was in Beijing recently during the really cold temperatures/snow storms that caused all the trouble.

Boy was it cold (minus 17 degrees when I was there).

For a change, I stayed in a "business man's" hotel near to the Agency. Mistake. Cheap. Clean. Spacious. Yes. Savoury? No.

My room was the best in the hotel (top floor and MASSIVE). But heating did not work (minus 17 outside). I accidentally pulled the curtains off the wall. I was accompanied by a lady of the night in the elevator up to my room (hotel's famous for that type of shennigans I subsequently heard -- supported by the large assortment of condoms and lubricants on display for sale in the bathroom). Red tap gushed out cold water - blue tap, hot. Shower window was open permanently. (Note sign in shower "beware, floor might be wet" no kidding). I like Nescafe, but coffee sachet was a mix of Nescafe, milk powder and x2 sugars (no choice). Yuk.

And a view to die for. Literally. Depressing.

Back to the Kerry Centre Shangri-La next time I'm over (2 weeks' time).

M

1 Comments:

At 1:57 pm, Blogger Angela.CK.Chiu said...

This is my favourite of all your posts, so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home