The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Friday, January 19, 2007

Kung Hey fat choi


Of course I spelt it all wrong.

Actually tonight I got commended on my cantonese. All I had said was my address, the number of the road, and 'straight on' and 'left' but he thought I was pretty good.
Actually that is more a reflection on the rubbish expats who learn naff all while they are out here - and my new year resolution is to learn a new word every day from my team mates at the FT. I also thought about exchanging food - they can bring in yummy dim sum and I will bring in crustless cucumber sandwiches!!

We had our Spring dinner tonight. A cross between a Christmas Party and Chinese New Year. 12 courses - including fish intestines, abalone and some wierd chocolatey stuff which frankly looked so disgusting I didn't dare try it.

the first couse was a totally flattened pig - with head - we called it pig frisbee - it was delicious actually.

we had a great New Year in Borneo. Borneo as in Sabah - so not hacking through the jungle, but staying in very civilised easy beach hotel with hundreds of rooms. The sort of hotel you would never have dreamt of staying in until you had kids - and then a kids club and babysitting becomes a key feature.

We had a great time - we went out snorkelling on the reef - picked up star fish - blue ones, orange ones, and talked to nemo like fish. the boys now swim like fish and billy starting to enjoy snorkelling.

We had a fun new years eve for a change (ie not burning the house down, or getting locked out) and spent it in a bar listening to a very good pseud Black Eyed Peas - very cool or maybe we were just a bit merry by then.

That's for now - Mark off to Bangkok next week and then me off to London.

I am coming back on the same flight as my in laws - yes that's news to you, Vic and Tricia - you better get me an upgrade as I am travelling cattle class!!

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home