The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Googleplex California



Back now in Hong Kong after a week's jaunt around California - LA & San Fran.

Had an interesting time down in Silicon Valley -- been there quite a few times because of the accounts I was working on @ Hyde & Partners and at Publicis Technology -- seems to have regained its vibrancy.

We popped in to two orgs of the moment -- Facebook and Google. I felt about 20 years older than most of the staff -- probably because I actually am 20 years older than most of the staff! The Google campus was quite amazing ... smoothies and massage chairs in reception .. a canteen to die for (FREE oysters!). Staff looked deliriously happy - nothing to do with the $quillion$ of stocks they're sitting on. Hey ho.

And a quick tour round Palo Alto (where I could live very easily) and the near-by campus of Stanford University .. what a great campus that is. You could smell the fresh air (compared to HK) and the leaves were glorious autumn colours. Must say, I miss the seasons at the moment.

Sorry about the sideways view of the Transam building (as seen from my hotel window) but the software won't let me turn it round!

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home