The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Monday, June 30, 2008

Morose in phuket but pleased to be alive

I'm laying in bed @ the moment writing this.

The bed's in a hotel room right on the beach in Phuket where we are on holiday for a few days.

I can hear the waves crashing outside. The kids are asleep in the adjoining room next door. And Joss is asleep in bed next to me.

An hour ago, stupidly and inevitably I suppose, I googled 'laguna beach phuket tsunami' and started reading the first link in the list http://phukettsunami.blogspot.com

More poignant being here, in a darkened ground floor room with my family all around me and hearing the waves outside of course.

But please read it - puts things into perspective - and how. Heart breaking stories of suffering and survival. Can't imagine what went on in this room all those years ago.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home