The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas day - day!






We invited a few people round for a fun Christmas lunch and afternoon. 6 adults. 4 + 1 kids. (+1 ... includes 'Dennis' who was c. 6 weeks old). Much champagne. Industrial sized party poppers. Over-active, tired kids. Exhausted parents. Wii Karaoke. Mayhem.

The (I'm told) delicious turkey was bought from the HK Cricket Club (prepared and cooked by them for much much less than it'd cost to buy a decent turkey from a UK butchers). This was my first vegetarian lunch -- we'd made an effort to cook a seasonal nut loaf, but it's not right to eat nut loaf for Christmas lunch. I was nearly tempted to try some meat - but no. Actually, confession: I took a mouthful of the Cricket Club supplied stuffing -- it was absolutely outstanding! And then I realised it was made from sausage meat. Whoops. And an opportunity for me to wear my chef's tunic.

If the weather is as good in 2009 as it was on Christmas day 2008, we're thinking about having lunch on the roof terrace.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home