The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mumbai/Bombay




Another business trip to India, but this time to Mumbai.

Of all my recent trips to India, this is the first time I've really encountered true poverty. I saw (and smelt) some stuff there. Not my favourite place to be honest. But I feel I should go back and have another proper look. At first glance, the slums and shanty towns mean Mumbai is not very attractive -- but there are some serious millionaires living there (and a large quotient of Bollywood stars of course); so it must have something going for it. The slums are being cleared (forcibly leaving tens of thousands without somewhere to live).

A few views from my hotel window (facing the derelict hotel sea-ward & the new motorway construction site ... the other side of the hotel looked down onto a slum where a few hundred thousand people spend their days). Nice.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home