The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Shanghai - monthly home from home




With my new job, I've been travelling to Shanghai more than before - and will have to spend about a week there every month. It's a bustling place - more human in scale (despite the skyscrapers) and more Western than Beijing I think. But similar to Beijing, it's busting with skyscrapers - including a few of the tallest in the world - and one thousand new building sites (like the huge one next to our office in these pictures). I've yet to visit Pudong where the majority of the skyscrapers are -- on one of my next trips, I'll go up to some of the 100th floor observation platforms and will take a few snaps.

Like I said, it feels quite 'Western' -- some areas feel very parisien. In fact, the Downtown streets, with the Universal familiar brands everywhere (coke; nike; starbucks; pepsi etc are all ubiquitous) ... mean you could be anywhere.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home