The cripps in Hong Kong Hong Kong, Repulse Bay, Cripps, Crippo, Mark Cripps, Joss Cripps

Zai Jian 再見 (Hope to see you again soon)

A diary about our expedition to Hong Kong

Google

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Billy's birthday





Billy had a great birthday this year - all thanks to Joss and Sofia as I did not lift a finger (apart from buy him his bike).

Joss hired a local 'Lego workshop' - yes there are such places. Kids come to learn how to make Lego-based robots; merry-go-round rides etc. This went down a storm and it was the most organised (and quiet) kids' parties I've attended.

The star of the show was the Lego brick birthday cakes crafted by Joss and Sofia out of sponge and marshmallow biscuits (plus 3 inches of icing). Reminded me of the cakes my mother used to make for me - especially the Hansel & Gretel house-cake with a roof fashioned out of an iced-over corn flakes packet. Blue Peter would have been proud of that re-purposing.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home